Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

From new Section 11053 of the California Revenue and Taxation Code in SB 1:  a new funding source for intercity rail capital.  This will go into effect immediately upon signature by the Governor, although the variable $25 to $175 transportation improvement tax does not apply to vehicle registration renewals until 1/1/18. 

11053.
Revenues from the transportation improvement fee, after deduction of the department’s administrative costs related to this chapter, shall be transferred by the department to the Controller for deposit as follows:(a) Commencing with the 2017–18 fiscal year, three hundred fifty million dollars ($350,000,000), plus an annual increase for inflation as determined in subdivision (b) of Section 11052 for this proportional share, shall annually be deposited into the Public Transportation Account. The Controller shall, each month, set aside one-twelfth of this amount, to accumulate a total of three hundred fifty million dollars ($350,000,000) in each fiscal year or the appropriate adjusted amount. For each fiscal year commencing with the 2017–18 fiscal year, the annual Budget Act shall include an appropriation for 70 percent of these revenues to be allocated to the Transit and Intercity Rail Capital Program (Part 2 (commencing with Section 75220) of Division 44 of the Public Resources Code), pursuant to Section 99312.4 of the Public Utilities Code. The remaining 30 percent of these revenues shall be continuously appropriated to the Controller for allocation under the State Transit Assistance program, pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 99312.1 of the Public Utilities Code.(b) Commencing with the 2017–18 fiscal year, two hundred fifty million dollars ($250,000,000) shall annually be deposited into the State Highway Account for appropriation by the annual Budget Act to the Congested Corridor Program created pursuant to Section 2391 of the Streets and Highways Code. The Controller shall, each month, set aside one-twelfth of this amount, to accumulate a total of two hundred fifty million dollars ($250,000,000) in each fiscal year.(c) The remaining revenues after the transfers made in subdivisions (a) and (b) shall be deposited into the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account created pursuant to Section 2031 of the Streets and Highway Code.

Views: 135

Reply to This

© 2017   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service