Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

OPERATOR REPORT-
1. NWP Co. Mr. Doug Bosco- Mr. Bosco said this is a very active period and NWP Co. has been getting customer inquiries about use of freight rail service. A customer in Windsor has interest in using freight rail and NWP Co. is working to finalize an agreement. This agreement will require a spur track be installed. NWP Co. has decided to move forward with this project and split the cost of this spur track with the customer.

Views: 1158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you Carl O'Connor. I read their operating agreement, and it has all this bazaar wording having to do with closing the track for maintenance. In the end, I think SMART will drag their feet or use the new spur as a barter for removing the tanker cars... If its an operating Spur, SMART will have to pay to upgrade it. In their interest they would prefer no freight and to not pay for upgrading a line with freight... 

What about Alexander valley cellars, mt storm forrest products, possibly wine alliance or korbel wine?

There is a soil company and a stainless steel company in as as well as the modular building contractor but I doubt those would require a new spur
Where though?? I can't find a place big enough.

Why would they need 2 transload facilities in Windsor?  

Back in the 70's Korbel would truck in brandy and reload on to railcars on a spur at Fulton.

If you look at Google maps it looks like you could make a northbound left hand spur that could go to alliance wine and korbel possibly.

What are the 2 large warehouses on Kitty Hawk Blvd.  I know they are wine storage but who uses them?  Seems like a spur going to the south side of both those buildings would work.  Alexander Valley seems like a good guess too.

Great for NWP . LET US HOPE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BEGIN SOON AND BE OF SUSTAINING QUANTIES OF PRODUCTS SHIPPED/RECEIVED TO MAKE INSTALLATION OF SIDE TRACK EVENTUALLY PROFIT MAKING.  HAS THERE BEEN ANY OTHER CUSTOMER SINCE LAGUNITAS BREWERY INSTITUTED RAIL SERVICE?     SRB, who is a true rail fan of NWP,WP,CNW AND  CBQ. 

NOTICE NO DISPARAGING REMARKS OR HUMOR IN ABOVE EMAIL.   /THIS TIME.!!!!!

What kind of customer and approx. how many inbound/outbound carloads are anticipated? 

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service