Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

Hey guys I was curious if you thought that the nwp could be vital to bring in lumber and supplies to help rebuild santa Rosa after the fires. I mean centerbeams of lumber, boxcars or sheetrock and plywood. Probably won't happen but do you think it could be worth a shot and a email to nwp about this??

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know what I was thinking the same thing today. Perhaps UP/CFNR or NWP could run a train into Napa and drop off some supplies?

Does anybody know if there's any damage to the Schellville yard? Stornetta's Dairy (now planted in grapes, but with the headquarters still on either side of the highway,) burned to the ground. I have no information on where the firestorm went, but it was close enough to worry about.

Sure, anytime a lot of bulk stuff needs to get hauled, a railroad can probably make money. There will be a big need for aggregate and building materials. If they are coming by rail off the national network, of course NWP can make money on it. They would also have a good shot at moving all the rubble off to a disposal site. There's a lot more than what can be dumped locally, I expect, and a lot of what's there probably poses environmental issues galore, so it's got to go to Utah or someplace like that. Lots of gondolas needed for that! Somebody would be smart to open up a transfer station or three for both outgoing refuse and incoming building materials.

If you want to send emails, send them to the Santa Rosa lumber and aggregate businesses.  NWP is only the service provider and as such is at the choice of those businesses.  It sure would be beneficial if the line were open to Asti to Redwood Empire though or Sayre.

If you want to send emails, send them to the Santa Rosa lumber and aggregate businesses.  NWP is only the service provider and as such is at the choice of those businesses.  It sure would be beneficial if the line were open to Asti to Redwood Empire though or Sayre to bring materials from the north to Santa Rosa and also Napa Valley for rebuilding.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service