Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

Hi everyone,

It never ceases to amaze me to see how much phenomenal knowledge some of you have about railroads and the history of individual locomotives. Especially you younger guys. At 35 years of age I feel like I'm getting old and I always assume teenagers these days are only into twittering, Justin Beeber, spacebook and flat brimmed hats with the sticker left on them, haha. I can honestly say there are only two things that I have been obsessed with my entire life. Since I was a little kid I've always loved fishing and trains. And the best part is that I only grow more interested as I get older. But I digress...

So I just started working at a new project and my commute now takes me through American Canyon. I've always been somewhat interested in the CFNR and I've seen all of their green/yellow locos, especially when I used to work in Woodland. But I saw one the other day I had never seen before. Today as I drove north on 29 I kept a sharp eye out for her. I saw her stopped on the tracks and I quickly turned right at a stoplight and went down a short street that terminated at an industrial area. I quickly realized this was a CFNR facility. I had no idea it was there! So CFNR 501 was backing some cars into a shed and I was able to snap a couple of photos of her as she backed up. The photo isn't great, but I'm wondering if any of you know the history of this particular locomotive. Is she new to the CFNR family? I know there is an unofficial CFNR site with a roster but it hasn't been updated in years as far as I can tell. Thanks in advance!

Views: 686

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well UP/BNSF is a lot larger of a railroad.

You know, you're probably right. I think I read that somewhere.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service