Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

General (500)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Connection Issues

Hi:     I know this is very much a futuristic topic, but I am thinking about connectivity issues with tbe SMART passenger train.     Livi…

Started by Richard Hill

0 May 9, 2010

Scrap thief punches NWPRR official Sheriff Report

A Santa Rosa man who apparently helped himself to some scrap metal that didn't belong to him, ended up in jail after deputies deduced he wa…

Started by Bob Burns

2 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Bob Burns

Alto Tunnel 1975 lean concrete fill near North Portal - Jacobs Assoc. report indicates no proof exists that this was ever done

Can anyone tell me how to verify that a lean concrete plug was in fact poured near the north portal of the alto tunnel in corte madera (rep…

Started by michelle Bourke

2 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Mark Drury

Federal high-speed rail funds awarded

Well folks, the feds have decided it's time to build high-speed rail, and they're coming through with billions for high-speed rail developm…

Started by Evan

2 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Evan

"California Northern's entire fleet goes green"

From an article in the Napa Valley Register: The California Northern Railroad, which operates in the Napa Valley, has converted its entire…

Started by Mark Drury

0 Jan 19, 2010

Launching the NWP Network

Just wanted to post the email message I sent to board members of the NWPRRHS and to a few other individuals with ties to the NWP, past and…

Started by Mark Drury

6 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Mark Drury

Press Democrat: On Railfans

Steve Atnip pointed out the following Press Democrat article on railfans, linked below. The Press Democrat page leads with a photo of Warre…

Started by Mark Drury

1 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by Mark Drury

Bill Provines, Fireman on the Mount Tamalpais Railroad, Dies

From http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/05/BAEO1AETPP.DTL: Bill Provines, the last surviving employee of the famous…

Started by Mark Drury

1 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by Chad Gustafson

Ruth Rockefeller, Ardent NWP Supporter, Passed Away Last Sunday

The following article popped up in the RSS feed at the bottom left of the Main page. Ruth Rockefeller, long-time Willits resident and suppo…

Started by Mark Drury

0 Oct 29, 2009

The M & LK Railroad: If I had the land and the time ...

If I had the land and the time (and the money) this is definitely something I'd try to replicate: http://members.peak.org/~kmr3/M&LKRa

Started by Mark Drury

1 Sep 3, 2009
Reply by Chad Gustafson

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service