Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

General (488)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Old Union Pacfic Oakland Shop to be Razed

(This has a lot to do with Bay Area Railroading, not much with the NWP, but I just wanted to post it. though some may find it interesting.I…

Started by Chad Gustafson

2 Oct 3, 2010
Reply by Chad Gustafson

Southern Pacific Former Daylight Cars in The PD.

While reading the Press Democrat this morning I saw a photo on the front page of the Empire Section showing two former Southern Pacific Day…

8 Oct 2, 2010
Reply by Lawrence LaBranche

Railcars in the SR Yard

Does anybody know anything about the 4 passenger cars and 1 fruit express boxcar fenced off in the Santa Rosa Yard? The employees inside th…

15 Sep 30, 2010
Reply by Chad Gustafson

How to find the locations of your photos

Hello all.In the interest of making things easier for people who look at photos you post who don't live in the area you're photographing, I…

Started by Andrew F. Laverdiere

0 Aug 23, 2010

Not NWP related but info for railroad history buffs.

I had occasion today to speak with William Bliss. He is the grandson of DL Bliss (as in DL Bliss State Park) who owned Glenbrook and built…

Started by Bob Burns

0 Jul 26, 2010

Greetings

Hello all. I'm Drew. I joined because I have an interest in the history of railroading in the Bay Area. Some of you are aware of me due to…

Started by Andrew F. Laverdiere

0 Jul 16, 2010

NEW MAP GROUP

NEW MAP GROUP IDEA   How about creating a new group just for maps?  I know there are some maps in the photo section.  What I propose is a g…

Started by Paul Gardner

2 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by Mark Drury

Union Pacific Dedicates Boy Scout Locomotive

A Little off NWP topic, but a interesting story....   BSA In the News: UNION PACIFIC DEDICATES BOY SCOUT LOCOMOTIVE   (From Trains Magazine…

0 Jul 6, 2010

Connection Issues

Hi:     I know this is very much a futuristic topic, but I am thinking about connectivity issues with tbe SMART passenger train.     Livi…

Started by Richard Hill

0 May 9, 2010

Scrap thief punches NWPRR official Sheriff Report

A Santa Rosa man who apparently helped himself to some scrap metal that didn't belong to him, ended up in jail after deputies deduced he wa…

Started by Bob Burns

2 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Bob Burns

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service