Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

General (503)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NWP/SP Photo CD from Peter Arnold

I just came across some NWP photos available from Peter Arnold. He put all he has on a single CD for me for $20. His website is here:…

Started by Cory W Swank

0 Apr 3, 2011

RED CABOOSE NWP STOCK CARS

In the 4/2011 Railroad Model Craftsman on page 16 is an announcement that Red Caboose has NWP, 1946-1952 stock cars. They also have SP mo…

Started by Wynn Nelson

3 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by Wynn Nelson

"Rail authority hears pros and cons of trail in Eel River canyon"

From an article on the Redwood Times website: Posted: 03/18/2011 11:43:33 AM PDT Virginia Graziani Redwood Times Directors of the North…

Started by Mark Drury

0 Mar 18, 2011

Very large headlights .

Does anyone know just why most of Southern Pacific's and some Northwestern Pacific's SD-9's had such a huge headlights?  I've seen several…

Started by David Huddleston

5 Mar 13, 2011
Reply by David Huddleston

Daylight Savings Time

Notice to All Railroad Employees Train crews and station agents are reminded that at midnight tonight all time pieces and station clocks ar…

Started by Paul Gardner

1 Mar 11, 2011
Reply by Jordan

Con-Cor

Con-Cor has a new SP 65 ft. pass. car coming out soon. They look a lot like pictures I find, but I can not find any thing about the length.…

Started by Wynn Nelson

7 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by Mark Drury

Con-Cor

Cory, yes these are the ones, in the SP of course. I wonder why they did them in green? Oh well. Wynn

Started by Wynn Nelson

0 Mar 1, 2011

Update on FRA inspection

Just received news via carrier pigeon and smoke signal. FRA Region 7 (Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah) has completed inspection on th…

Started by Jordan

3 Feb 8, 2011
Reply by Steve Atnip

Obituary: Walter “Whitey” Dudek, NWP Brakeman & Conductor

From the Press Democrat website:   Published: Monday, January 31, 2011 at 6:38 p.m.   It was in the spring of 1945 when Walter “Whitey” Dud…

Started by Mark Drury

0 Feb 3, 2011

"Unstoppable"

Don't know about anybody else, but im looking forward to this movie!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-0Ywc7wNY   If you look closly, the…

Started by Chad Gustafson

5 Jan 4, 2011
Reply by Joseph Muller

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service