Northwestern Pacific Railroad Network

Dedicated to Sharing the Heritage of Redwood Empire Railroading

General (483)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Greetings

Hello all. I'm Drew. I joined because I have an interest in the history of railroading in the Bay Area. Some of you are aware of me due to…

Started by Andrew F. Laverdiere

0 Jul 16, 2010

NEW MAP GROUP

NEW MAP GROUP IDEA   How about creating a new group just for maps?  I know there are some maps in the photo section.  What I propose is a g…

Started by Paul Gardner

2 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by Mark Drury

Union Pacific Dedicates Boy Scout Locomotive

A Little off NWP topic, but a interesting story....   BSA In the News: UNION PACIFIC DEDICATES BOY SCOUT LOCOMOTIVE   (From Trains Magazine…

Started by Chad Gustafson

0 Jul 6, 2010

Connection Issues

Hi:     I know this is very much a futuristic topic, but I am thinking about connectivity issues with tbe SMART passenger train.     Livi…

Started by Richard Hill

0 May 9, 2010

Scrap thief punches NWPRR official Sheriff Report

A Santa Rosa man who apparently helped himself to some scrap metal that didn't belong to him, ended up in jail after deputies deduced he wa…

Started by Bob Burns

2 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Bob Burns

Alto Tunnel 1975 lean concrete fill near North Portal - Jacobs Assoc. report indicates no proof exists that this was ever done

Can anyone tell me how to verify that a lean concrete plug was in fact poured near the north portal of the alto tunnel in corte madera (rep…

Started by michelle Bourke

2 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Mark Drury

Federal high-speed rail funds awarded

Well folks, the feds have decided it's time to build high-speed rail, and they're coming through with billions for high-speed rail developm…

Started by Evan

2 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Evan

"California Northern's entire fleet goes green"

From an article in the Napa Valley Register: The California Northern Railroad, which operates in the Napa Valley, has converted its entire…

Started by Mark Drury

0 Jan 19, 2010

Launching the NWP Network

Just wanted to post the email message I sent to board members of the NWPRRHS and to a few other individuals with ties to the NWP, past and…

Started by Mark Drury

6 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Mark Drury

Press Democrat: On Railfans

Steve Atnip pointed out the following Press Democrat article on railfans, linked below. The Press Democrat page leads with a photo of Warre…

Started by Mark Drury

1 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by Mark Drury

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mark Drury.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service